Sinaing na Tulingan Recipe (Mackerel Tuna)
“ Sinaing na Tulingan “ ( Tulingan / Mackerel Tuna ) is a cooking style for fish which is best made in Taal Batangas, I love eating this type of Cooking, specially the pork fat when it is already cook. My Grandmother used to cook this when I was young. Nowadays you can get this in Taal Public Market,bBut I think it is seasonal since , It is not always available. So I am helping you by providing the Sinaing na Tulingan Recipe , that I got from the Net.
I cannot promise that it will be available while having your Taal Batangas Tour. This is usually cooked in Pot ( Palayok ) and believe me, the taste is best when the mackerel is wrapped with banana leaves and is cook using Pot ( Palayok ) .
1/2 kilo tulingan (small tuna)
2 tablespoons rock salt
50 grams pork fat, sliced into strips
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup tamarind juice
3 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, sliced
1 thumbsize ginger, crushed
2 pieces siling mahaba
1/2 cup water
- Remove gills and all internal organs of the fish. Slit both sides of the fish and press against the sides with palms of the hands to flatten the fish and soften its flesh. Wash thoroughly under running water, till water runs clear. Rub fish with salt in and out.
- In a saucepan, arrange the pork fat at the bottom. Put the fish on top side by side. Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes till fish is done.
For the tamarind juice:
Boil 100 grams of sampaloc in 1/2 cup water and strain.
- sinaing na tulingan
- sinaing na tulingan recipe
- tulingan recipe
- how to cook sinaing na tulingan
- sinaing na tulingan batangas
- sinaing na isda
- sinaing na isda recipe
- sinaing na tulingan batangas recipe
- sinaing na mackerel